Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grandpa Bill's Birthday Celebration!

On March 30, 2011 we went to Logan to celebrate Grandpa Bill's birthday with the Drews, Post, Melin, Mayberry, Peterson, and Layton families it was a pretty cool day in the mountain, but with everyone around it was truly a warm, heartfelt day! Balloons were released after singing Families Can Be Together Forever and Happy Birthday! We were able to write messages to him on the balloons before sending them up to Grandpa Bill in Heaven!
Logan holds a special place in our hearts as that is where Michael and I first discussed marriage and where Michael prayed about his future spouse and my name was all he could think about. 10 days later we were engaged !


Michael wrote on his balloon: Grandpa thanks for helping and guiding me to my soon to be wife! I know you had a huge part in that and for showing me! I miss you so much and love you! See you again with Heavenly Father! Love always your grandson, Mikey!



Michael brought me to this headstone, he was drawn to it because at first he thought it said Thomas. But the message: Happiness is being married to your best friend, is what he found truly inspiring and had to share it with me!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to celebrate life rather than dwelling on death.

    And I love the saying on that headstone. I think I may steal it! (The saying, not the headstone!)

    ReplyDelete